Wednesday, November 16, 2011

DC Nation Teaser Commercial

Back in October, I posted here about the upcoming DC Nation block coming to the Cartoon Network. It sounded great and included a Supergirl short in Super BFF's with Batgirl and Wonder Girl.

As has been widely reported lots of places, a teaser commercial for the DC Nation block was shown on Cartoon Network during the Green Lantern premiere. Here is the official You Tube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMLdqwMU2OU&feature=related

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any teaser pics for the Super BFF shorts. But there is plenty to digest including some great images of other shorts. Here are some of the things that caught my eye.


Don't blink or you'll miss Supergirl speed by in the early montage of DC's heroes flying in. What got my attention was the use of the "old" DCU Supergirl costume, the Michael Turner design. I can't 100% identify who the artist is here given how quickly it slide by but it 'feels' like Mark Bagley's Supergirl from Justice League.



And she appears on the main DC Nation title shot as well right above the 'T'! Pretty prominent spot for Supergirl given the countless DC characters they could have put on this title sequence. I'm glad the Martian Manhunter is there. And Jade certainly gets a plum position for a little known character.


As I said, there are quick pics of the two ongoing series (Young Justice and Green Lantern) as well as snippets from the upcoming shorts. That includes a Teen Titans Go! style Titans show as well as the announced Doom Patrol. As a Doom Patrol fanatic, it is great to see the negative spirit leaving Larry's body here.


And this mystery pic which isn't a mystery any more.. I read on DC Women Kicking Ass that it is Amethyst and I would be all for a cartoon version of that.

I can't wait to see all this stuff and hope to see some early shots of the BFF shorts.

And I wonder just how they decide who to showcase as a DC Fan. I don't have the star power of a NASCAR racer nor do I star on Big Bang Theory. But I am a lifelong fan! I am part of DC Nation! Put me on the tube!

10 comments:

Diabolu Frank said...

Gah! Everybody's covering this thing!
I think that Doom Patrol snippet looks swell, and I want more!

Nikki said...

In the opening flick through of the comic there is blink and you'll miss it appearances for Amy Reeder's Supergirl 58 cover and Amanda Conner's Action 252 Homage Cover variant

collectededitions said...

Is the Doom Patrol pic a clip from Young Justice, or something new? I keep thinking it was maybe in the ep that also had Icon and Blue Devil, but I'm not sure. Either way, the DC Nation block looks like lots of fun!

It is strange that DC couldn't get the new costumes into this commercial, but I've resigned myself that the old costumes will still be a part of TV media, Halloween costumes, etc. I think the new comics costumes are going to be just that -- just for the comics.

Gene said...

Wow, you sure have an eagle eye Anj! Too bad they didn't show anything from BFF, although for a second I thought it was Kara riding Comet instead of Amethyst.

Gene

Anj said...

Thanks for the tips Nikki! I'll have to look even closer to that opening cover montage.

A Doom Patrol short was announced for DC Nation so my guess is this is new stuff.

As a DC fan, this just looks great!

Guy Brownlee said...

This has NOTHING to do with the above- There is a new interview with the writers of the comic over at Newsarama, and they are saying some pretty cool things! You really should go check it out!

Martin Gray said...

Y'know, you Stateside folk are so lucky, there looks to be great stuff in there. The only gripe is Amethyst's purple hair - too obvious!

valerie21601 said...

I read the interview. They say the first story arc is 7 issues long. Man this is like taking a hour and half movie and making into a six hour movie!

Anonymous said...

I see in the fan segment of the trailer a brief glimpse of the DCnU Supergirl costume.

Anj said...

I read the interview and will comment on it tomorrow. Good stuff.

I hope this stuff makes it to the other side of the pond Mart!