Tuesday, November 1, 2011

2011 Jack O Lanterns

With Halloween behind us, I figured I would share my jack-o-lanterns from this year. I know it has nothing to do with Supergirl or even comics but I take my carving pretty seriously and thought this year's batch came out pretty good.

Since it had been 40 years since their last Stanley Cup, I decided to honor the Bruins. These were technically easy but came out just the way I hoped.


This year, I got to expose the Supergirls at home to Jem and The Holograms. Repeats began running on The Hub channel. I seem more entertained by the show then they are but they liked the idea of a Jem jack-o-lantem. This came out just about how I imagined it would although I think more hair 'highlights' would have improved it.


A late addition to the holiday was a Rainbow Dash jack-o-lantern. Tangentially, I wanted to show how psyched I was for the upcoming Super BFF cartoon shorts which are being produced by the same company as My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic. But, I'll be honest, the show does have it's charm. And I thought Rainbow Dash would be tough enough to make it a challenge. This did not come out as awesome as I was hoping, but still looks pretty good.

Hope everyone got more treats than tricks!

2 comments:

valerie21601 said...

So cute!!! One day your little Supergirls will cherish the memories of you making these carved pumpkins for them.

Martin Gray said...

They are just tremendous, truly great pumpkins, well done sir!