Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Comic Rack


This magazine rack is the latest addition to the my section of the house. And I am pretty pleased with it.

I have my true comic 'collection' the issues bagged and boarded, all safely stowed away in long boxes. But I also have a couple of long boxes of loose books. This is for the scragged $1box finds, the duplicates I sometimes buy in cheap bins for easy reading, and for comic magazines. I have always wanted an old school spinner rack to display some of them. But those aren't easy to come by.

The hospital is renovating the library and a lot of old pieces were being tossed. I spied this rack in a pile to be thrown out. I asked and was allowed to take it home where it will be loved.

I decided to throw in a bunch of issues to showcase it, all from the loose section, so no worries about damage. It is a shame the bars go right over the title section of the books. But I suppose it was built for magazines, not comics.

Still, I thought this was a fun little addition to my corner of the house. I'll probably rotate things now and then.

2 comments:

Uncle Screensaver said...

Super! I totally love it!

Anonymous said...

Nice......Rack.

:)

*rolls eyes innocently

JF