Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here in the USA!

I keep looking through my collection for a specific Supergirl Thanksgiving moment but I still can't seem to find one.

So I figured what better way to give thanks than to show a picture of Supergirl simply laying the smack down on Darkseid. I am thankful for moments like this in comics.





The above scene takes place in Justice League Unlimited #7 written by Adam Beechen and pencilled by Ethen Beavers. The story compares Orion's struggles with his father to this Supergirl's struggles acclimating to living with the Kent's. It isn't a bad story for a Johnny DC book and showcases Supergirl nicely.

And ... as always ... just a thanks to those who visit and contribute here! Hope everyone has a great turkey day!

3 comments:

Gene said...

One of the many things that I am thankful for this year is this blog, and the friends that I have made from it.

Cheers everyone!

P.S. I'm going to have to find that JLU comic now.

Nikki said...

THe metatexutual reading for that panel is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

this was a great story as it implies that Kara's life with the Kents wasn't always a sort of animated Norman Rockwell painting. But then the animated series had a few similar clues as well, for all this, I too am thankful.

John Feer