Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Boston Comic-Con Part 3 - Khoi Pham


The last commission I obtained at last month's Boston Comic Con was by Khoi Pham.

Pham is considered one of the 'young guns' at Marvel and is the current penciller on Mighty Avengers. I initially wasn't planning on getting a commission from him but then I saw what he was producing and had to grab one.

As I needed to leave early on the second day, Pham was kind enough to put me at the top of the Sunday list. I needed to leave at noon and he finished the commission at 11:59. I feel bad because I think I rushed him.

I really think this is a great piece. The pose, the flow of the hair and cape, her expression ... it is all fantastic. I can only wonder how mouth-droppingly stunning it would have been if I was able to give him 20 more minutes.

Regardless, I think this is a powerful commission.

Now it's time to start saving for the next Boston Comic Con. There are some big names coming into town and I hope to keep growing the commission collection.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It is in fact a great layout and idea for something that was 'rushed'. Certainly a good artist. You could commission someone to make a inked version so some finishes can be added to it.

Gene said...

I agree, that sure is an excellent piece for being rushed.

Do you have a wish list of artists for your commissions Anj?

TalOs said...

WOW! 0_0 Gotta really be impressed for a "rough job" there! :)

Gene said...

Do you have a wish list of artists for your commissions Anj?

I wouldn't mind knowing about this either.

Anj said...

Do you have a wish list of artists for your commissions Anj?

That is a great question and might be worth a post on its own.

Unknown said...

Wow! I'm quite jealous of your collection of commissions!

jeff Caporizzo said...

this is a beautiful sketch. i'll collect anything this guy is illustrating. do you know what books he's currently working on?