Saturday, November 16, 2013

Tonner Doll New 52 Supergirl



I have written about Tonner Dolls in the past. These are high-end, expensive true dolls that are made for display and not play. These aren't Barbie. They certainly aren't action figures. And they run just about $200.

That is out of my pay scale for dolls, even if they recently solicited this New 52 Supergirl doll as part of their collection. Look here for details: http://www.tonnerdoll.com/dc-stars/supergirl-52

I have to say, either this is a nice representation of the costume or I am becoming more accustomed to it. But it certainly looks nice here. I know it is a small thing, but the simply straight seam of the lower portion as opposed to the angular inclusion of the red shield just makes this a smoother design.

As much as I love adding to the shrine, this is a bit out of my league both in terms of price and format.

If anyone else does pull the trigger, let me know if it looks this nice in person!

4 comments:

Argocub said...

she looks like she's wearing a jock-strap...hate this costume

Anonymous said...

Not angry enough. She looks calm, clearly this is a knockoff produced with DC's involvement :)

Anonymous said...

WithOUT, I meant...

Saranga said...

I think it's quite nice. I think it's the hair. The knee holes still look silly though.