Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving With Some Jim Lee Side Dishes


By the time this is posted, I will be off to enjoy Thanksgiving with family! There is nothing like gorging myself of turkey, stuffing, etc. on a day off! I assume I will be in a food coma by the time the night comes by.

So since I am heading to a feast, I thought I would give some visual feast for your eyes.

I am not typically awe-struck by Jim Lee's art but sometimes it is just sooo beautiful.

Above, see ... from his sketch book ... an early idea for the New 52 Supergirl costume. I really like this one more than the one chosen. I would probably lengthen the skirt to mid-thigh but otherwise I think this is great. I especially like the 'Supergirl Converse Chuck Taylors' over the kneeless thigh highs. 

What do you guys think?


Lee posted this on Twitter recently, a Supergirl sketch when those Vaurnet sunglasses were popular.

I love the feel of this, a happy Supergirl floating in the sky. There is a feeling of self-satisfaction or confidence here too. Just beautiful.


Lastly, Lee - again on Twitter - posted this 'free' commission for a fan. Even this quick sketch is pretty crazy. How can I stumble into something like this? That would be something to be thankful for!!!

Anyways, for my fellow Americans, Happy Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

Martin Gray said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I adore that first sketch, I agree with you completely.

elknight20 said...

GORGEOUS work!

:)