Saturday, October 29, 2016

Review: Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes #36

I wrap up my reviews of Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes run over on the Legion of Super-Bloggers site.

Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes #36 is the last of the run that includes Supergirl as a member. Here is a link to the review:
http://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspot.com/2016/10/threeboot-supergirl-and-legion-of-super_28.html

 The creative team of Tony Bedard and Dennis Calero finish up their brief 6 issue run and need to clear the decks for the upcoming team, writer Jim Shooter (a Legion legend) and artist (and then newcomer) Francis Manapul.

Things happen fast here, as they often do before a creative team change. And Supergirl is sort of whisked out of the book rapidly.


This might be Calero's strongest issue. I like this last look at Kara in the Legion showing how she is an important member of two heroic teams in two times. And I definitely like that she is consider an inspiration for the Legion and so needs to go back in time to fulfill that destiny.

And, I totally liked this Supergirl more than the one that was snarling and snapping her way through her main title at this time.

But with Supergirl gone, these Saturday brief recaps end as well. If you like, I will be continuing my look at this title on Fridays at the main Legion site.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for posting the reviews, Anj. Sad that Supergirls was summarily "disappeared" from the Legion this issue -- in
her own title, there were a few more issues to run still before the Gates / Igle era and the New Krypton arc that gave us back
a Supergirl we could all love and read, at least for me anyways. And I'll always lament about the fact that Supergirl wasn't
given a few more issues / stories to cement her as the leader of the Legion. I for one would have loved to have seen that.

Do hope you continue your recaps after issue #36; I've taken some time to read what happened starting from issue #1, and it's
been instructive to me to learn what happened before Supergirl showed up. LOVED IT!


Regards

Anj said...

I'll definitely keep reviewing but might not repost here now that Supergirl is gone.

Look for them on Fridays at: http://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspot.com/