Monday, February 28, 2011

Poll Results: New Title To Review Is Legion Of Super-Heroes


When R.E.B.E.L.S. cancellation was announced, I realized that there would be an open slot in my review schedule.  And not knowing which title should slide into that slot, I thought a poll would be fun, opening up the decision to popular vote.

There had been a few suggestions prior to the poll so I included those titles as choices. 105 people took the time to cast a vote. Thanks to all who participated.

It very quickly became a two title race between Batgirl and Legion of Super-Heroes, both titles that I collect and enjoy. I have to say I would love reviewing any of the books on the list but there had to be a winner. And, after Batgirl had opened up an early lead, Legion finally overtook her and maintained a slim lead until the poll closed. So from now on, Legion of Super-Heroes will be reviewed on Comic Box Commentary. It seems appropriate given that R.E.B.E.L.S. is sort of an LSH offshoot. And the Legion is one of my all-time favorite group of characters, so I come with some degree of historical knowledge.


I'll start with the Legion of Super-Villains one-shot next month. I don't know how much cross-over there will be with Adventure Comics so hopefully I haven't got myself into a deep hole here.

Again, I want to thank everyone who comes here and was interested enough to vote. I can't believe that over 100 people voted, by far the most votes in a poll of mine. Thanks so much for your time and interest!

4 comments:

Diabolu Frank said...

Cool! I've been away from Legion for years, so it would be nice to know what's going on over there.

Martin Gray said...

Fun! And yeah, of course, 'LSH' means you review LSH and Adventure, plus spin-offs, annuals and guest appearances.

Get to work!

valerie21601 said...

Wow! I'm really happy Legion of Super Heroes is going to be reviewed here on this blog by you, Anj.

After all Supergirl also has her own "history" with the LoSH too.

Kandou Erik said...

Awesome. Wish I had noticed the poll when it was up, but the one I would have voted for won.

Long Live the Legion!