Monday, December 21, 2009

Best Of 2010?


Some long time friends might recall my '2008 in Review and Top 10 Supergirl comic moments' post last January. For those who want to take a peek, here is the link:
http://comicboxcommentary.blogspot.com/2009/01/2008-year-in-review-and-top-10.html

Anyways, I am starting to cobble together my 'Top 10 moments for 2009' list for this year and there is a lot to cover. There is no doubt that this moment from Cosmic Adventures ... 'Supergirl as the hand Krona saw' ... is definitely going to be on the list and probably near the top.
Happily there is a lot of material to review! There is the main title Supergirl but also all of her interaction in Superman and Action Comics, Cosmic Adventures, Final Crisis, Cry For Justice, Blackest Night Superman, Superman/Batman, Tiny Titans, R.E.B.E.L.S., Wednesday Comics, Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds, the end of Superman/Supergirl:Maelstrom, and World of New Krypton!

It has been a good year for Supergirl fans!



Picking just 1o is going to be tough!

Her fight with Reactron when powerless? Her fight with Mary Marvel in Final Crisis? Reading stories to kids in Final Crisis? Stopping an assasin's bullet in WONK? Thrashing some Batman baddies in Superman/Batman? Facing the zombie Zor-El in BN Superman? And those are some contenders just off the top of my head!

I figured I would ask what you guys thought. I don't think it's a poll ... I'm not counting votes ... but I don't want to miss a key moment either! And I can be swayed. The Year in Review will be posted in January and I better start finding the appropriate panels.

So what say you?

7 comments:

Nikki said...

'and if you were really my father, I'd give a damn' *punch*

from Blackest Night:Superman.

The 'What does Aquaman eat?' scene from Maelstrom. Or her fighting the giant squid.

Can we just vote for Cosmic adventures and Wednesday comics wholesale?!

TalOs said...

For me, the Supergirl moment of '09 hands down has to be when poor Kara is forced to say good bye yet again to Zor-El after their only too brief reunion in her own title.

Man I could truly feel Sterling's heart felt writing go in to that particular scene where even I was brought to tears and that hasn't happened since Kara herself died in original COIE mega event.

I'd like to suggest Anj to cover the tragic death of Zor-El amongst this year's most memorable Supergirl stuff that occurred.

Anonymous said...

I like action, so Kara casually bursting the kryptonite chains Mxyie had foisted on her from Cosmic Adventures is my mark-out Supergirl moment from 2009.
Krypto trying to give her some starfish "earrings" from Wednesday Comics is the funniest Supergirl image from 2009.
I'll think of others going forward never fear.

John Feer

Anj said...

Can we just vote for Cosmic adventures and Wednesday comics wholesale?!

I can see how it is tough to pull out one moment in Wednesday Comics ... that might be listed as one thing.

Anj said...

I'd like to suggest Anj to cover the tragic death of Zor-El amongst this year's most memorable Supergirl stuff that occurred.

Believe it or not that was in 2008 and made last year's best of list.

Time flies!

TalOs said...

WHOOPS! So it was. :P

Hmm how about when we see Supergirl selflessly save Inspector Henderson's very life which leads him to believe that she's equally trust worthy as well as her cousin? :)

Gene said...

Aside from her team up with Batgirl in World's Finest #3, I would nominate the panel towards the end of #42 when Supergirl asks Lana to call her Linda from then on.