Thursday, March 18, 2010

Poll Results: What Will Happen To New Krypton?


I'd like to thank everybody who took the time to cast a vote in my recent poll 'What Will Happen To New Krypton?'

This was my second most popular poll on the blog, getting 57 votes!

The most popular single idea was that Kandor will again be bottled by Brainiac. As I said before, in some ways that makes the most sense and is the easiest answer. It allows the creators to keep characters like Alura around for further stories. It keeps 'The Bottled City of Kandor' an active part of the Superman mythos, and it is nudge back to the Silver Age, something we have seen DC doing recently.

The idea that garnered the most votes was that there would be a mix of some of the options. Certainly I can see some of the people heading into the Phantom Zone while the planet gets shifted into another dimension.

As for me ...



I just can't get away from the idea that the planet explodes.

Who knows what effect that would have in our solar system. Anyways, I think there would be just too much potential with that idea. Imagine Kal-El feeling the same feelings his father did ... being unable to save Krypton. Plus there would be some 'cosmic karma' if it exploded again. Krypton should not exist in any form ... it is destined for destruction.

We will soon find out New Krypton's fate. Thanks again everyone for voting.

5 comments:

TalOs said...

All due respect Anj, I think I'd rather have Kandor/Argo reshrunk and bottled up back in the Fortress over having the planet simply explode if having to choose between the two.

valerie21601 said...

My guess is mixed. Bottle Kandor, then Brainiac will blow up the planet. The "survivors" who got away from Kandor and destroyed planet then decide to take over the Earth and make it their home. Thus the Battle of the Supermen War happens, the Kryptonians who survive the war, except for a handful like Superman, Supergirl and Conner. Are put into the Phantom Zone or offered a planet that dimentionally phase in and out of the time or space.

Just my wild guess! lol

Anj said...

All due respect Anj, I think I'd rather have Kandor/Argo reshrunk and bottled up back in the Fortress over having the planet simply explode if having to choose between the two.

I agree that re-shrinking is a nice end to the story, leaving the site and characters there for later use.

Maybe the city gets shrunk and the planet explodes.

I just can't shake that feeling.

Anj said...

My guess is mixed. Bottle Kandor, then Brainiac will blow up the planet. The "survivors" who got away from Kandor and destroyed planet then decide to take over the Earth and make it their home. Thus the Battle of the Supermen War happens, the Kryptonians who survive the war, except for a handful like Superman, Supergirl and Conner. Are put into the Phantom Zone or offered a planet that dimentionally phase in and out of the time or space.

Thanks for the post. That isn't so wild a guess. That would satisfy almost everybody.

Anonymous said...

I not like final of new krypton, I wanted that the city was bottled and save after the destruction of planet, in the cares the fortless of solitude.