Monday, April 29, 2024

Comic Box Commentary Is Sixteen Years Old


Hard to believe it but 16 years ago I defined this site as a Supergirl site and I haven't looked back.

The character is still in a bit of flux at this point. In  the last year we have had positive takes by Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Joshua Williamson. We have had some less stellar takes by Mariko Tamaki and Leah Williams. 

We haven't had much else.

I am not too hopeful for a Kara-centric book any time in the near future. I just hope that when it happens it is written by someone who loves the character. 


I really feel like this is a sweet sixteen.

I have been covering the character since the Sterling Gates era through to the present. I still have lots of older stories I can cover. And I still love Supergirl so I'll keep my eyes peeled for all appearances.

I always have to stop and thank anyone who comes here to read my rambling reviews and listen to my thoughts on the super-family. I have made so many friends through this site. I am still here because of the conversations that happen here! Thank you all so much!

And let's hope for a great upcoming year for Kara!

12 comments:

Siskoid said...

Happy Anniversary!

If we old bloggers aren't there for each other, who will?

Martin Gray said...

Huge congratulations, you’re a fantastic advocate for Supergirl. I always enjoy your writing - ramblings indeed!

Here’s to a great year ahead.

PT Dilloway said...

Happy Sweet Sixteen!

John (somewhere in England) said...

Congratulations on 16 years of quality commentary!

H said...

Congrats, man. A happy … blogversary, I suppose. Whatever, it’s just great that you’re still here, keeping the faith. Here’s hoping things go well for Kara, however that happens.

William Ashley Vaughan said...

Happy sixteenth anniversary.

SG Fan said...

Happy Anniversary and looking forward to many more years of Supergirl and comic thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary, Anj!!! Sixteen is wild!
Thank you for continually keeping the flame for Kara.
- Sterling

Anj said...

Thanks for all the well wishes!

I love the Supergirl community I interact with her!

Anonymous said...

Sweet sixteen so soon?? In good times or in bad, this is my "Supergirl Home", many thanks and congrats!!

JF

VL said...

Happy 16th Anniversary! Appreciate your dedication to covering Supergirl.

Also, there's a new trailer for season 2 of MAWS and it looks like Supergirl is in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Ihhvbr2aA

squidd82 said...

Happy 16 years anniversary!!! I love your blog since I found it. Did not know there were fans of Supergirl, especially the original one!! I look forward to many more years of reading your blog!!!