Monday, September 11, 2023

DC Multiverse Figure From McFarlane Toys


I caught wind of a new Supergirl action figure on a number of sites last week so thought I would share here.

Made by McFarlane Toys and an exclusive (it seems) to Target stores, this is a Supergirl figure based on the DC Rebirth costume.

Given the more recent change of costume for the character, either the blue pantsuit of the Women of Tomorrow mini-series or the jacketed version of recent Action Comics run, I was pretty surprised to see this more 'classic' red mini-skirt look on a new toy.

Not that I am complaining! The red skirt version is my favorite costume. 

It was a little hard to get a solid feel for the figure given this sole image, the only one that had been released at first. No denying the solid sculpt of the head with a lot of detail noted on the hair. The cape in the pic seems to be cloth. I can't imagine that would be true of the actual figure. But a nice look overall.

Then I went to Toy News International and got a few other looks.

That site has a few more pics here:  https://toynewsi.com/14-49458

I don't know if these are still prototype pictures. The figure isn't available for order or even on the Target site. 

Interesting that the 'boots' are basically the entire leg. I suppose that makes the manufacturing very easy. 


That's different from the 'high boot' of the actual Rebirth costume.

Still, I think this is a pretty solid looking figure and will be something I'll be looking to get once it is available.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

R u sure about that 'toynewsi' URL? The pics don't look the same ?

This link looks exactly like your 1st pic:

https://projectactionfigure.com/2023/08/29/first-look-mcfarlane-dc-rebirth-supergirl-target-exclusive/?v=4096ee8eef7d

and the resolution is MUCH BETTER than your pic (1092K).

Anyway, I went to Target today, but also didn't see it.

SG Fan said...

If that does pop up at Target I might get it (depending on price). Wish they'd been a little less lazy with the boots and done the high cut like the pic, but we'll see. I'm most happy I was able to get a Melissa Benoist Supergirl statue with her flying for like under $40 a few years back at a Gamestop. Just love that one.

Anonymous said...

Is this it?

https://www.target.com/p/mcfarlane-toys-dc-comics-supergirl-7-34-action-figure-target-exclusive/-/A-87846936

Anonymous said...

https://www.cbr.com/mcfarlane-toys-supergirl-figure-sells-out/ And then this news…


JF

Anj said...

I guess wish me luck finding one!