Tuesday, May 10, 2011

John Romita JLA #50 Hero Initiative Cover



HERO Initiative is auctioning off Sketch variant Justice League of America #50 with covers drawn by comic professionals. Here is that link: http://www.heroinitiative.org/NewsDetail.asp?NewsId=259

 I just talked about this a while ago and I can't believe I skipped over this one!


Here is a cover by Comic Legend John Romita Sr. Romita was a huge part of early Marvel and had a historic run on some of the most crucial Spiderman stories ever written.

Here Romita does a simple group shot of the current roster of the Justice League.

I mean how can anyone go wrong with original art by John Romita. I am sure this is going to have huge bids on it.

One thing that I think is an interesting wrinkle to John Romita's long career is that he was almost exclusively a Marvel artist. In fact, as far as I can tell, he only did one piece of art for DC.

And that was ....

The cover of Supergirl #80, the last issue of that run.

John Romita's only DC work is a patriotic cover of Supergirl!

That's kind of cool!

No comments: