Tuesday, October 13, 2015

ComicConBox Essential Supergirl #1 Variant


While surfing the internet I discovered that DC has commissioned an Essential Supergirl #1variant cover.

Essential Supergirl #1 is a dollar book reprint of the New 52 Supergirl premiere issue, rushed to the shelves for the premiere of the show. The tone of that book seems way off from the tone of the show, but I have covered that already.

This exclusive is available at http://comicconbox.com/ a Wizard World website that promises a ComicCon experience in a box, basically a package of some of the goodies available only at a con if you can't attend.

The art is by Jonboy Meyer and is a pretty nice cover showcasing the show's version of the costume.


I like it a lot.

But that shouldn't be a big surprise as it echos the famous Kryptonite Nevermore cover by Neal Adams.


I mean, there is no denying it.

I love that original cover so I am always happy to see an homage.

Being a completist, I wouldn't mind having this cover in my collection. Who knows if that's even possible.

4 comments:

garyb said...

If DC Editorial and management had half a brain between them, they would contract with Mike Maihack for an all ages series.

Anonymous said...

That, or Landry Walker and Eric Jones. (Although actually, I'd give them a shot at a long-running "grown-up" Supergirl book.)

As for this new variant cover... man, are people going to be confused once they read the actual comic. ;)

Anj said...

I'd like any and all those books!

Uncle Screensaver said...

You can just subscribe for one box and then cancel the recurring ongoing subscription. Other than that, look on eBay for it.