Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Boston Comic Con 2015: Nick Bradshaw Commission


I finish my review of the 2015 Boston Comic Con by showcasing the last commission I obtained, this one by Nick Bradshaw.

My buddy had got a full figure Starlord commission from Bradshaw last year that was incredible. And I have always liked Bradshaw's art. But I hadn't planned on getting something from Bradshaw because I didn't think he would be available late in the con.

Then I heard that Bradshaw was doing quick and surprisingly affordable head sketches on the last day of the con. So I went to the table to see if he was still doing them.

I have to say, this was pure serendipity. If I hadn't heard about these head sketches from blog friend Firebird, I wouldn't have even approached the table. And yet, here I have this great sketch in my collection.

I love this sort of pensive Supergirl. There is something about the addition of some blush in her cheeks while looking through her hair that harkens back to a younger, simpler Supergirl. And I love that it is done in a maroon color. Just beautiful.


Again, I love the artistic process so I snapped a couple of pics of Bradshaw doing to picture. It is just amazing to a chronic doodler like me to see something beautiful just unfold before my eyes.

And Bradshaw was the nicest guy to talk to.

So overall this was a great convention, as it has been for some time now! It is amazing to see how it has grown. I am continually impressed by the guest list.

This year it was just great to run into long time blog friends in person.

 And one day, maybe, I'll get the grail piece!

2 comments:

Firebird said...

Yay! So glad you were able to get the sketch from Nick.

Diabolu Frank said...

I really enjoy Bradshaw's work, and dig this bust (the red pencil was a nice touch!)