Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day !!

For all the dads out there, have a great day. As for me, the wife and 3 supergirls in the house made me a great breakfast and let me watch Sportscenter in peace.

But this is a Supergirl blog, so here are some classic shots of Zor-El, Supergirl's father and Superman's uncle.
Here he realizes that Argo City can go on indefinitely.


And luckily he had some lead sheet in his lab to block the deadly rays of the anti-kryptonite ground. Remember anti-kryptonite is the kind that can effect non-super-powered Kryptonians. Gotta love the silver age!



Here he is doting on the newborn Kara. What a great Dad, even if his statement here seems more like exposition.



And finally making her rocket and sending her to Earth.






As many may know, it is ultimately discovered that Zor-EL and Alura (Kara's mother) actually escaped to the Safety Zone, a sort of Phantom Zone. They were then rescued and lived on Kandor. Hopefully I'll scan those issues next Father's Day (since I don't have the issues yet).

And before anyone thinks I scanned these from a copy of Action Comics 252, relax! They were scanned from the reprint of Action 252 in Secret Origins 2 from 1973. I don't own a copy of Action Comics 252, my grail piece.

Anyways, Happy Father's Day to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful tribute to the dad of one the greatest super-heroines.