Saturday, January 17, 2015

Kid Robot Supergirl Key Chain


I was pleasantly surprised when I saw a new addition to the Supergirl shrine available at my local comic book store. I was in the midst of some work-life angst and so seeing a little Supergirl merchandise threw a little bit of sunlight into my dark mood.

Kidrobot has come out with a series of DC Comics related keychains of some of the more prominent DC characters and Supergirl is one of them.

This is a cute little figurine of Supergirl in her New 52 costume. And, like many of the pieces of merchandise in the New 52 costume, I like it better here than I have in some of the comics.

This has a sort of stop-motion animation feel to it. It looks a little like it could be in Coraline.


The back of the box shows the ten characters 'immortalized' as a Kidrobot keychain.

There aren't many surprises here I suppose. The Joker and Catwoman are the only villains. Plastic Man is an interesting choice but works as a stretchy keychain.

I feel like Supergirl has risen in prominence to be in this group. I don't know if she would have made the cut a couple of years ago.


It found a nice little spot in the New 52 section of the Shrine.

And I think it is a nice addition as it adds a little bit of cuteness to an otherwise serious section.


Here is a closeup!

Always glad to add something to my Kara collection.

2 comments:

Bartiemus said...

That is so cute! Good to see Supergirl getting that TV push.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Like how the Kara Key Chain looks glowing in the last picture.