Earlier this week, DC Comics revealed their new logo honoring the 75th anniversary of Superman as well as discussing some of their plans for the Man of Steel over the year. Here is the link to that press release:
I like this logo, a classic sort of silhouette take on Superman. The numbers seem a bit wonky but there is strength here. The red banner adds a splash of needed color.
Here are some of the blurbs:
The new animated short, currently in production, is being produced by Zack Snyder and pays homage to Superman and many iterations of the Super Hero throughout his 75 years. A sneak peek of this short is planned for Comic-Con International: San Diego in July and the finished version will debut late summer.
I have read that Bruce Timm is also involved in this film, showcasing Superman in comics, films, and television. That should be cool.
And then some plans
- “Superman: Unbound,” an all-new DC Universe Animated Original Movie that pits Superman against Brainiac—a devastating force of flesh and machine with Earth squarely in his sights—was released on May 7 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.
- “Man of Steel” and Superman products are available for fans of all ages, including toys, costumes, apparel, party goods and publishing from Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
- “Superman Unchained,” the much anticipated new comic book series that centers on a mystery that is frustrating the hero in both the Superman and Clark Kent aspects of his identity ultimately revealing a brand-new villain, debuts on June 12 from DC Entertainment.
- “Infinite Crisis,” an all-new multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game that delivers a heart-pounding competitive player vs. player battle experience set in the legendary DC Multiverse, a world in which familiar DC Comics characters such as Superman have been reimagined in startling ways, debuts in fall of 2013 from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.
- “DC Nation” Superman Shorts, a series of all-new Superman-themed animated shorts produced by Warner Bros. Animation and airing on Cartoon Network’s DC Nation block throughout the year.
- DC Entertainment’s “We Can Be Heroes” giving campaign launches its second crowdfunding initiative in June focused on Superman and featuring one-of-a-kind experiences and limited edition merchandise to engage, excite and empower legions of fans. Get something good. Do something great.
But hearing that Superman shorts will be produced for the DC Nation block! New animated Superman! That sounds great. I hope we get to see a lot of the Superman mythos in these!
Hopefully, 2013 is the year that Superman rises back to the top!