This has been a pretty crazy spring and early summer here with my moving into a new place and having a birthday within months of each other.
With so much to celebrate and with the new shrine on display, I figured I deserved a new piece.
A while back, McFarlane Toys came out with a Silver Age Supergirl figure and I was charmed. I have a bit of a soft spot for the earliest Supergirl stories with their earnest tales of Kara trying to help children and please her big cousin.
The figure comes with multiple hands and an extra face so you can 'customize' how you'd like to display her. So many of these new, high-end figures come with these extras to make the figure truly yours to pose and play.
We are looking at the classic blue skirt look from those earliest stories. I like the knee high boots with the painted seam near the top.
Kara's face is nice if sort of blank expressioned. I do love her classic hair with plenty of details. And nice articulation pretty much everywhere.
From the back, the hair looks sweet with lots of curls and ringlets.
I am a big fan of the yellow S-shield on the cape. So I was really happy to see this.
It found a home front and center in the 'Silver Age' shelf area.
I am definitely running out of room on the shelves but I get the sense there will be a couple more addition in the near future.





No comments:
Post a Comment