Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Toyfair 2017


News from the New York Toy Fair 2017 was released this last week and once again Supergirl has been well represented. As I have said for a while now, I am still a bit surprised to see Supergirl as popular as she is these days. It makes those lean years seem a distant memory.

You can find tons of coverage of the Toy Fair but I include some links where I obtained the pictures I am posting here.

https://news.toyark.com/2017/02/18/toy-fair-2017-qmx-q-figs-collection-display-242368

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=28351

Above you see the Supergirl Rebirth action figure which will be released some time this year. I think this is a great figure. I have always been a fan of the Rebirth  style as it has so many of the elements I look for in 'my' Supergirl costume. But throw in a heat vision head and multiple hands? True bonus! Can't wait for this one.

But wait there's more!


This looks to be a tiny figure dubbed a QMX Q-figure.

I like the makeup of this, Supergirl twirling in the air smiling as she plays with a bird. It is very Silver Age in feel and tone. Looks too cute to resist!

I believe this Supergirl TV show figure has already been solicited so this is just showing the final design.

I love it. Looks like Melissa Benoist and looks like a great design!

And I believe this is the Supergirl TV statue that was solicited, recalled, and then re-solicited. This really looks beautiful. I have already pre-paid for this piecemeal. So I am just waiting for it to arrive!

Gorgeous.

There is going to be a DC Bombshells action figure as well. But, as in the past, I won't be getting this one. I am not crazy about this design. But if you like the look, the figure is a very nice representation.


Finally, it isn't Supergirl related, but check out this Superman #233 cover statue!

As most know, I love that comic and love the homages we have seen of it. I don't know if I can afford this. But I can wish!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"As I have said for a while now, I am still a bit surprised to see Supergirl as popular as she is these days. It makes those lean years seem a distant memory."

Do. Not. Tempt. Murphy.

Supergirl getting many licensing deals is good. I'm pretty sure DC cares more about licensing their characters than selling comics. It suggests that DC considers Supergirl a profitable property, regardless how many books she pushes.

Those are very nice toys. I like the Rebirth figure and the QMX Q-figure makes me smile. It looks like a chibified Silver Age Supergirl wearing her show's costume. Also, she seems to be holding that bird on her palm. Maybe she is teaching it how to fly?

Anonymous said...

" I like the Rebirth figure and the QMX Q-figure makes me smile. It looks like a chibified Silver Age Supergirl wearing her show's costume. Also, she seems to be holding that bird on her palm. Maybe she is teaching it how to fly?"

That Rebirth figure is hot stuff and I hope this is what comes out as this may have been a prototype.

And for the Q-Fig, it shows the other side of Supergirl; cute, whimsical, loveable, the girlfriend any boy wants. And that little bird ups the cute factor.

And also there is the DC Coll. Statue of the TV show which is a DEAD RINGER for Melissa. And I think I have a feeling as to what may be next in the pipeline...Hot Toys anyone?