Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Ron Randall Commission


A couple of weeks back I got the best surprise in the mail.

Darrin and Ruth Sutherland, of the R a D Adventures podcasts, sent me the Ron Randall commission above.

Darrin and Ruth are found on Twitter at @RaD-Adventures and podcast  at Trekker Talk, Warlord Worlds, Xenozoic Xenophiles, and other shows. They are just the nicest people on the internet, great friends and so generous.

I admit they introduced me to Trekker, a great comic by Randall. And they even introduced me to Ron (at least electronically) leading to this interview from earlier this year:
http://comicboxcommentary.blogspot.com/2018/02/ron-randall-interview.html

I've always been a fan of Randall's art and held out hope I'd run into him at a local con so I could get a sketch.

So imagine my surprise to find the package on my doorstep which had this inside. This is ust a lovely take on Supergirl.  She looks so young and happy, almost pensive.

I can't thank Darrin, Ruth, and Ron enough for this great gift, a truly wonderful addition to my collection!

Thanks again!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent picture. Kara looks great.

You have awesome friends.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for the off-topic, but I didn't know where else to put this.

Bendis shared a preview page for a future Superman issue. Needless to say, Inva Reis' art is fabulous, but more importantly, we see the whole Kent/El family, as well as several Leaguers, confronting Zod. Kara is wearing a kind of Kryptonian armor, Lois looks good and Jon hasn't been aged.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn4HX-vBmU2/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=1t7dcwr1ybylf

Very interesting. I wonder if it's Supergirl's investigation what has led to this meeting.

Anonymous said...

Loved Ron Randall's work on Supergirl. This is a different look than he drew in the title, but that was many ago. And this is really nice.

Anonymous said...

Pensive Expression....but then she is "The Thoughtful Kryptonian".

JF

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous commission!

In regards to the Zod reunion mentioned. I really don't like Kryptonian armor. It just is a bad idea to me to introduce armor that is meaningful for kryptonians to wear. Does that mean that it's tougher than their own hide? In that case it would make more sense to put it on literally anyone else who needs it more. Aaanyway - I love the idea of a Kara/Kal reunion so much I will forgive the armor. :)

Thanks for sharing, both of you.

Unknown said...

We're so glad you like it! And we think it is a beautiful take on Supergirl. Ron Randall is a big fan of Supergirl and is always happy to draw her. Maybe if we are lucky she'll team up with Mercy St. Clair in the future!

KET said...

Ron Randall artwork of SG looks very fab. Congrats on the commission.

KET