Wednesday, September 30, 2026

DC Comics Solicitation - December 2026

Hard to think about Thanksgiving and the holiday season that follows right now but with the DC December solicits now released I realize we are about 100 days away from Christmas. Yikes!

Anyways, here is a link to the full solicits:
https://aiptcomics.com/2026/09/18/full-december-2026-dc-comics-solicitations/

And after a summer filled with extra Supergirl and Superman books, this is a relatively straightforward month of super-titles with just one mini-series title out and no big events. It'll be good to give these super-series some time to grow on their own and develop their own plotlines.

On to the books.

SUPERGIRL #20
Written by SOPHIE CAMPBELL
Art by IG GUARA
Cover by SOPHIE CAMPBELL
Variant covers by NICOLETTA BALDARI, FRANCESCO TOMASELLI, and VINCENZO RICCARDI

You’d think it would be easier for Kara to hide her superhero identity from the regular students at Stanhope with her powers gone, but when a series of mysterious thefts occur on campus, she’s gotta put her crime-stopping know- how to use…and maybe even call in some super-help? All this and the ongoing super-big, super-powered adventures of the Super Force!


I am probably a bad fan. For a long time I have bemoaned the fact that Supergirl hasn't had a true supporting cast in a solo book for a long time. Now Sophie Campbell gives me just that and I worry that this Super Force is taking up all the oxygen in the room, making Supergirl a guest star in her own book. No wonder writing comics must be hard!

Anyways, I am thrilled that Linda will be back at Stanhope and getting into student hijinks. But I hope this powerless period won't be too long. And who is the villain in the rafters? Why is that scepter head so familiar? 
ACTION COMICS #1105
Written by MARK WAID
Art by ADRIÁN BONILLA
Cover by CHRIS BRUNNER
Variant covers by RYAN SOOK and JOHN GIANG
Foil variant cover by JUANJO LOPEZ

“Lex Luthor: Year One” continues! The connection between Lex and young Clark Kent is deepening—but Pa Kent, suspicious of Luthor, takes an unexpected action to shut him down!


Lex has been a ubiquitous part of Superman's stories forever. He isn't an intermittent villain. He's a character who is always around. So I think it is time that we have a new origin and history. Seems like this is Mark Waid's task at DC these days ... clean up the history. 

The Silver and Bronze Ages had a red-haired Lex in Smallville. Can't wait to see this new take on the origin and how it plays out.


SUPERMAN #45
Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
Art and cover by XERMÁNICO
Variant covers by JONBOY MEYERS, MARCO MASTRAZZO, ALEX ECKMAN-LAWN, and MARCIAL TOLEDANO VARGAS

The Man of Steel learns about a secret side of Metropolis when darkness falls and he ventures into a deadly section that has been possessed by Nekron’s Deadlands! Noir and horror clash as we learn more about Marilyn Moonlight’s role in Metropolis and see a part of Superman’s city we’ve never seen before. If he wants to escape Nekron’s corrupted curse, he must work to catch a deadly new enemy!


We have had a bunch of super-science tales in the books recently as well. So a supernatural story will be pretty good. I can remember back in the Tomasi/Gleason days they'd toss one in now and then. 

And there is no denying that Marilyn Moonlight has a great name and a great look. I hope she catches on as a character.


SUPERMAN UNLIMITED #20
Written by DAN SLOTT
Art and cover by LUCAS MEYER
Action (Figure) Comics variant covers by JASON GEYER

Toyman has turned Superman and Tomorrow Man into living action figures for a perfectly good reason…No, really. Someone is trying to steal top secrets from all of the super-science of the DCU: Stagg Laboratory, Steelworks, S.T.A.R. Labs, Lexcorp, you name it! And the only way to figure out who is behind this super-industrial espionage—and save Christmas—is to take this to a toy’s point of view.


Is this a good Toyman? Or a bad Toyman? Frankly there are too many Toymen in the DCU right now so I hope we settle on one. 

Heard on Word Balloon that this book is going to be a father/son team-up book. But I don't know if I will ever get used to Tomorrow Man as a name or concept or costume. Maybe good stories will help!


HA HA HA-PPY HOLIDAYS FROM THE CLOWN PRINCE OF CRIME! 
BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD’S FINEST #48
Written by MARK WAID
Art by ADRIÁN GUTIÉRREZ
Cover by DAN MORA
Variant covers by MARIO “FOX” FOCCILLO and ADRIÁN GUTIÉRREZ

No backup, no support, no hope—Batman and Superman have only hours to stop Ra’s al Ghul’s Four Horsemen from decimating the Earth—if their fragile friendship can hold! You’ve seen Superman versus Batman before, but never like this!


I'm not sure why the solicit has the Joker tagline, unless I looked at it wrong.
Batman Vs Superman is a very odd take for this book which has been built on the title heroes' friendships. And Talia on Batman's side of the cover and Robin being on Superman's adds to the intrigue. Is Talia part of all this?
I'm not sure if this is the finale to the Ra's story or not. 

ABSOLUTE SUPERMAN #26
Written by JASON AARON
Art and cover by RAFA SANDOVAL
Variant covers by TULA LOTAY, DAN HIPP, and TK

In the aftermath of issue #25’s shocking finale, Superman has done the unthinkable…and abandoned the Earth. What dark quest brings the Last Son of Krypton to the far reaches of space?


At least this sounds like it is a quest driving him off Earth and not abandonment. I wonder if this is Clark heading out into space to find potential surviving Kryptonians. You may remember I thought there might be an Absolute Supergirl sighting in this book. And there was the idea that Black Adam might have been sent to some Doomsday riddled Krypton remnant.

I hope this book keeps Rafa Sandoval and Juan Ferreyra on art forever.


SUPERMAN: THE STRANGER #4
Written by WES CRAIG
Art and cover by WES CRAIG
Variant covers by CHRIS SAMNEE and MARK CHIARELLO

Superman faces Lex Luthor for the first time, but is the intrepid young hero ready for what the mad scientist has planned?


Four issues in and finally a showdown between isolationist power-hungry Luthor and Superman. Interesting cover design showing what the fight is about. Lex wants a homogenous ordered society. Superman is fighting for the huddled masses yearning to be free. Hope this doesn't get too heavy handed.


DETECTIVE COMICS #1116
Written by TOM TAYLOR
Art and cover by MIKEL JANÍN
Variant covers by DAVE WILKINS and TOKITORO

With Clark Kent still behind bars, Batman races to uncover the truth behind the murder that led to this incarceration. But as the mystery of this case continues to deepen, the Dark Knight Detective finds himself faced with evidence that forces him to ask one of the most difficult questions of his life: Did Clark Kent really commit murder?


And I do think I will be on board for this storyline in Detective Comics. I love Mikel Janin's art. Plus it'll be fun to see Clark cool his heels in a prison and not tip his identity.

So decent month. What'd I miss?

No comments: