Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Mike Maihack's 2019 Christmas Comic



Happy New Year to everyone!

One of my favorite parts of the holidays is the annual Mike Maihack Supergirl/Batgirl comic.

Maihack has been making these comics for a decade now! And I have loved them since their inception! Check out my Maihack coverage on the site over the years:
http://comicboxcommentary.blogspot.com/search/label/Mike%20Maihack

There is a lot to love about these sweet little strips, specifically the built-in continuity he has put in the strip. This is a Barbara who is trying to be 'the Darkness ... the Night' but can't help but let her sweet demeanor sneak out now and then.

We also have seen how Supergirl is over the top sweet, to the point of bringing cookies to the Batman Rogue's gallery one year. That explains their sudden presence at the end of this strip.

But seeing Babs slip up and admit she is friends with Supergirl is fantastic. And the response from Kara is perfect.





I mean the teary-eyed, goofy smile Supergirl in the top panel is just tremendous.

This is the World's Finest team I want to see.

Thanks to Maihack for making me smile as I rang in this new year. His stuff is always a wonderful gift!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

His comics make me so happy. They are christmas gifts full of all the best emotions.

/K

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding us. I love these!

T.N.

Anonymous said...

Nuts, late to the party and missed this. But yes, the "you said friends!" Encapsulates everything I want in a Batgirl/Supergirl relationship.

Happy Belated New Year to everyone! :)


Regards