Monday, March 18, 2024

Relatively Geeky Podcast Guest

One of the things I am truly grateful for is the community of comic friends I have made on social media. Whether from this site or from other platforms, I have been very lucky to meet some very cool comic fans who I now can call friends. 

One of those friends is Professor Alan who runs the Relatively Geeky Network of podcasts. The professor and I talk about a lot of things including, of all things, sports!

But it was our love of comics that was the beginning of the friendship. I really feel honored to call him friend. And I've been lucky enough to be a guest on his podcasts a number of times, talking about everything from my hometown to Black Orchid. This time he asked me to talk about a topic near and dear to my heart. 


That's right ... Supergirl! And her highlights in Robert Greenberger's DC Super Heroines 100 Greatest moments.

Here is a link: https://relativelygeekypodcast.blogspot.com/2024/03/e-012-dc-super-heroine-moments-pt-2.html

If you listen, you'll here me discuss Action Comics #252, Action Comics #285, Crisis on Infinite Earths #7, Christmas with the Super-Heroes #2, and Peter David's Supergirl #1.

But then I got to discuss a couple of moments I might have considered.


While the whole Sterling Gates' run on the title was spectacular, it was hard for me to think of a single moment. It was this moment in the BizarroGirl run that has always stood out as a key. Here is Supergirl, dealing with the tragedy of New Krypton, dealing with her own feelings, and providing some emotional support for BizarroGirl. 

I'd put that trade up against any Supergirl trade.

I also chat about the end of Peter David's Supergirl #50, an homage to the honors the character should have got after the Crisis excpet she was completely forgotten by the universe

And, if you haven't heard me talk about 'Why Supergirl', you can hear my origin story there. 

Anyways, thanks to all my comic friends who I have met over the years. And special thanks to Prof. Alan for inviting me on his podcast to talk about my favorite hero!

3 comments:

Martin Gray said...

I’m looking forward to giving this a listen; unfortunately, I’m on a ship with intermittent wifi and it won’t ruddy down,old! Great picks, I can see that.

William Ashley Vaughan said...

Finally got to listen to this. Loved it. Your interview encapsulates everything I enjoy about Supergirl and Supergirl Comic Box Commentary. I think Kara will get a new title of her own. I just hope that she winds up in the right hands. If it's Mark Waid, Phillip Kennedy Johnson, or Joshua Williamson writing her, I will put her new title on my pull list in a shot.

Anj said...

Thank you so so much fir the kind words!

I l9ve this community we have.