Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Christmas Gift #1: Gulliver Supergirl Figurine


I am like a big kid around Christmas time and nothing makes me giddy like a great present. When it is a Supergirl related gift I am even giddier. And when it is a Supergirl item I have never heard of before, I am at my giddiest.

So imagine how tickled I was when I got this small Supergirl figure from my middle daughter as a gift. 

It is very cool, about 2 inches tall and well sculpted. 

But I honestly had no idea where it was from. And the auction she won it from had few details. 

So a 'new to me' Supergirl item in my possession?? Best Christmas ever.

But curiosity made me wonder where it was from. So I asked the comic community and they got back to me!

This is a 'Gulliver' Supergirl figure! See link for other super toys:
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/gulliver-superman-supergirl-clark-427812836

And the brief description:
Made in Brazil, circa 1981, These figures were exchanged for Pepsi caps as a promotional premium at Brazilian retail stores

So it's 40 years old from South America! And in great shape! Amazing!

I tinkered with filters, brightness, and contrast so people can get a better sense of it.

Pretty slick design with Kara having hands on hips, classic boots, and cape swaying.

And as this is 1981, she still has the puffy sleeves top, hot pants from that time period.


Here is a close up.

I guess the S-shield being on the top and side of the shirt was too tough. So she has an accurate S-logo but on her tummy. 

This will have a place of honor in the shrine for sure!

Such a great gift!

3 comments:

PT Dilloway said...

That is a pretty cool figure and it's surprising that a cheap promo item from the early 80s in South America is still in good shape.

Martin Gray said...

That’s brilliant, hooray for middle kids everywhere!

Anonymous said...

It is always the middle child that surprises you and in a good way too! Nice One…

JF