Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Supergirl Strong Berry


It is a well known and rather obvious fact that I am a huge Supergirl fan. 

What might not be as well known is that I am a huge Cap'n Crunch fan. I love Crunch in all it's formulation but Crunch Berries are my favorite. Seriously, tweet search @dranj70 and Crunch and you'll see my history.

So imagine my surprise when blog friend Greg Araujo showed me that in his region of the US there were boxes of 'Strong Berry', a Supergirl Crunch Berries!

Frankly, I was stunned. It felt almost cosmically karmic. These are two of my favorite things and now they existed together. Imagine if two things you absolutely loved, that resided in two different spheres of your life, were suddenly smushed together. It would be like me finding Talking Heads Peanut Butter on the shelves! Or Phillip K. Dick Tater Tots.

As if telling me about the cereal wasn't enough, Greg was extremely generous and sent me a box! Amazing!

Look, way back in 2008 one of the reasons I started this blog was because I felt the character of Supergirl was underappreciated and relatively unknown. Now in 2022, she is on her own cereal box. We have come a long way!

Thanks again Greg!

Supergirl Crunch Berries! 
Insanity!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well she is a “Sweet Girl”, at least when Tom King isn’t writing her anyway :)
Didn’t Campbell’s Soup put her on one of their cans, with some other DCU characters? Her marketing footprint is lamentably light on foodstuffs. I wish Supergirl would endorse “Gardein” :)

JF

Professor Feetlebaum said...

Maybe-just for today only-the name of this blog should be "Supergirl Cereal Box Commentary".

The only Supergirl food product that I can think of offhand are those Supergirl cookies from Nabisco that were pictured in Back Issue # 84. But these were pre-Crisis cookies, so maybe they never existed?

But there is something we all need to know...how was the cereal?

William Ashley Vaughan said...

Hersheys also put her on a superhero themed bar of chocolate.

Anj said...

Thanks for comments.

She was definitely on a ChefBoyArDee can recently.

And yes, should have been 'Cereal Box Commentary' today!

Brandon Vout said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Uncle Screensaver said...

Would someone ppllleassse get me a box of this! I’ll pay!