Three months ago, the Supergirl movie hit the big screen.
Two month ago, the Supergirl movie hit the small screen.
After seeing it twice on the big screen and once on the small screen, I think I like it more than I don't like it. I know, not a ringing endorsement. But given my feelings on the source material that is high praise.
As I said in my review, I am just grateful how the movie ends. This Supergirl is in a better place. She calls Earth home. She seeks out Clark and seems to have some sort of moment with him, perhaps signaling a better relationship. And maybe the drunk days are behind her. I also think Milly Alcock is solid in the role and I am glad we will be seeing more of her as Kara.
I wasn't sure if I was going to get any movie merchandise. But I do think that I like the movie enough and it is a momentous enough occasion to see her on the big screen to warrant some shelf space.
So I purchased the McFarlane studio movie action figure. I do appreciate that each of these figures come with a commemorative card and (most importantly) a small stand! The box is the standard McFarlane look.
This is a pretty standard McFarlane figure with the usual articulation and extra hands/face.
But the best thing for me is the face sculpt. This sort of wry expression truly looks like Milly Alcock. Pretty incredible. Even the hair, with pretty significant detail, down to the root color, looks like Alcock.
The costume is well rendered with the big belt, the skirt and the knee boots.
Not much on the back because this Supergirl doesn't have the symbol on the cape (boooo!).
I am rapidly running out of room but here the figure is on the shelf n ear the Silver Age section.
Nice little addition to the shrine!





No comments:
Post a Comment