In my review of Supergirl #17, I tried to piece together when our heroes' time travel trip to Krypton took place. Was the destruction imminent? Or was there some time.
Much of that was based on this shot (not shared in my review) of Kara seeing herself and her parents walking around the city. I put Kara at about 8-10 years of age. Assuming the origin of her being sent off to Earth at around age 16 to help protect Kal when he is a newborn is still intact, I wondered if we were about 5-10 years in the past.
That's a lot of story weight placed on one picture. And I have been told that kids are notoriously hard to draw.
But the time period does impact the story. Ursa is trying to save Krypton and its people. How close are we? Has Jor-El discovered Krypton is dying?
So I reached out to the creators on Bluesky.
All right, as an old time fan with a lot of continuity in my mind and in the midst of a timey-wimey time travel story, I sort of needed the info.
And thankfully, I got a response!
Superman group editor Paul Kaminski confirmed that this time travel jaunt does indeed take place about 5 years prior to Krypton's destruction.
This helps me plant a continuity stake in the ground!
Thanks to Kaminsky for helping me (and other fans) process the events!



Excellent work Anj, it’s great to have this detail clarified.
ReplyDelete